Give Us Fresh Air!

Give Us Fresh Air!
Sacajawea Peak 2016

About Us!

My photo
A humbled wife and mother. Loving life and time with my family - cherish the moments. The days fly by, but the memories are abundant!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bunnies...of ALL Types!

Wow!  I cannot believe that it's nearly Easter - and already April.  The "old folks" were right, yet again: time does go by faster and faster as you get older (and have children).  I'm no more prepared for the arrival of the Easter bunny than I was for the birth of my first child, but somehow I'll pull it together and it will all work out.

Last week I ended up with flu that left me virtually sleeping for 3 days and feeling like I was living in a fog; the weirdest feeling I've ever experienced and nothing I want to go through again any time soon.  The kids benefited though.  Dad was 'in charge' and they were able to enjoy PB&J for dinner .... now that's SPECIAL! :)

It's back to reality for their dinnertime pleasures and our regular routine is in check.  We have been fortunate to enjoy some truly beautiful Spring weather this year.  The kids and I got to enjoy time together while Daddy was called out to work last Sunday.

I tucked my babies into bed and as I was going down the stairs, I noticed that our family picture was crooked in the floating frame - again - after I had fixed it last weekend.  I laughed to myself because this is now the life I lead...crooked pictures, dust bunnies, sticky-finger smeared windows, scattered toys....and somehow I've been given the grace to let go of what I once thought was important. (In the infamous words of Elsa from Frozen - and now Aylah who loves the song - "Let It Go.")  I used to clean my house, religiously - Every.Single.Weekend! It's not like that anymore, not at all.  While our house is not a disaster, it's also not spotless and I'm okay with that.  My children do not want to spend their Saturday cleaning, or waiting for Mom to clean.  It's just not that important to me, not to mention that the tidiness doesn't ever last long!  Too many lives are spent fulfilling expectations that really don't matter - it's time to LIVE life, not just reside in it.






No comments:

Post a Comment